Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sleep

My hero.
Sleep.

To quote wikipedia :

"Sleep is a naturally recurring state characterized by reduced or absent consciousness, relatively suspended sensory activity, and inactivity of nearly all voluntary muscles.[1] It is distinguished from quiet wakefulness by a decreased ability to react to stimuli, and is more easily reversible than being in hibernation or a coma. Sleep is also a heightened anabolic state, accentuating the growth and rejuvenation of the immune, nervous, skeletal and muscular systems. It is observed in all mammals, all birds, and many reptiles, amphibians, and fish."

To me, sleep is a state of complete unconsciousness and indifference to reality, a time for indulgence in dreams. Sleep is an awesome period of time in our lives that I personally think that we can never have enough of. I hate using the word awesome, but there really is no other description.

As I've mentioned a long long time ago, sleeping actually burns more calories than simply sitting around. So, when in doubt, sleep. It will help keep your weight down and allow your body time to grow.

When it's raining or just very cool in the morning, I really feel like staying curled up in bed. Yes, I curl up in bed like a baby. When it's hot and blazing in the afternoon/evening/whatever I just feel like my only escape is to sleep. When it's late at night, my internal clock kicks in and I naturally feel tired and go to sleep. Basically, I sleep all the time. ALL THE TIME. EVERYDAY.

EVERYDAY I'M SLEEPING!
I don't shuffle.

No comments: